Sunday 5 June 2011

Foggy Days

Its a foggy day in Auckland, the Queens birthday actually. Happy birthday Elizabeth. My washing machine and dryer keeps churning and after 3 hours of housework I have returned a few layers of clutter to their right spaces. What does one do with the mundane! It just keeps coming back.

Part of being a woman seems to be dealing with everyone else's stuff. You can tell I still have young children who'd rather play computer games than pick up after themselves!

I am enjoying the autumn hues though. Looking out my window I see the ornamental cherry tree boasting bold orange tones. We see the summer green leaves and the winter bare branches for so long, but the autumn leaves are fleeting. We could almost miss them.  I'm thankful for the little things that bring colour to mundane days today. A piece of music, a chat with a friend, a hug from a child, a sense of achievement, a walk with the dog, a clean bench, views to my garden.

Find sometime to see autumn this week, if autumn is happening in your part of the world, colour is such a gift to the soul.

2 comments:

  1. oh the mundane, I can so relate to that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to get a comment on my new blog Jewels. Please keep replying.

    ReplyDelete